We need to beat swords into plowshares.

We need to beat swords into plowshares.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

So, when and how do we start ?

I get asked this question all the time; I was asked it on facebook:

 

So, when and how do we start ?

4 hours ago

Alan L. Maki

Alan L. Maki

In your own neighborhood or where you work... here is what I promote:
Socialized healthcare would provide almost ten-million new jobs in this country providing people with free healthcare funded with the money saved by stopping these dirty wars.


I print off signs that say:


Peace = socialized healthcare + jobs


I have another sign that says:


No peace; no votes.
No socialized healthcare; no votes.
No jobs with enforced affirmative action; no votes.


Every place I go some asks me if they can have my little signs... I give them to them and they usually offer me a contribution so I can print off more.


I put my contact info and blog address in the bottom corner of the signs.
I also distribute a letter to the editor I wrote as a leaflet promoting the little "formula" above.


Its a very simple little project that you can do in conjunction with just about anything...


I also carry a petition for people to sign asking for all their contact info and e-mail address.


from this little project alone I have collected over 6,000 e-mail addresses that I use for regular mailings about health care.


Try it; it's simple and easy... you can do everything right at home on your computer and printer.


You will find it amazing how many people you actually have communication with over a month's time.


One little rain-drop doesn't amount to much; but, let it pour and watch it flood!

No comments: